Friday, October 16, 2009

Oak Harbor, WA Fly-In

Better late then never, right? What a great step for Oak Harbor. For those that don't know the airfield in Oak Harbor, wa (formerly Wes Lupien) has a new name and new owner. A.J. Eisenberg purchased the airport with many plans on upgrading and hopefully exciting the aviation community again, here on Whidbey. You may have guessed, the new name is A.J. Eisenberg (KOKH).
I have read alot of mix feelings about the renaming of the airport. I certainly would hope a plaque would be placed so we can remember, Wes Lupien and what he did for Oak Harbors aviation community. Futher more to honor him and his family.
Now on to the the Fly-In. What a great time. I myself always have fun just watching a plane take flight. Turnout was not huge by any mean, but it was a good start. I certainly enjoyed the RV-8 ( I think) that did a low pass over the runway.
I am excited to see what happens next. Stay tuned for pictures coming shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment